Potential with Landmark?

Discussion in 'OOC - General RP Discussion' started by Castegyre, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Well-Known Member

Does anyone else ponder if Landmark will present the possibility for some free form role playing? It could provide sort of chat room like interaction but in a world we can create and interact with. People would be able to build their own settings, interconnect them, and perhaps help influence the world for EQN at the same time.

2. Kassir

Kassir Active Member

Military
    It would be disappointing if Landmark DIDN'T promote/facilitate this function. If per chance the EQN team does not actively support this, you can be damned sure I will. Also just for general rules, no one shall be allowed to enter New Kaladim without RP!

3. Raf

Raf Well-Known Member

Is Landmark going to be an actual gaming community? Or is it going to be a personal instance for creation....a palette if you will? Sort of like Dungeon Maker?

4. Kassir

Kassir Active Member

Military
    It was stated that there will be one central cluster the dev's shall control and everyone else has to go post flags for their stake of the claim. You can allow people into your area to work or look or band together to create communities. Soooooooo with that being said I'm gonna go with open community servers.

5. Dvergagal

Dvergagal Member

Graphic Designer
    The main concern I have with doing any kind of free form RP in Landmark (at least at launch) is that we don't know if they will allow us to choose different races/genders. Provided that I can at least choose to play my preferred race/gender combo (female dwarf FTW) then heck yes I'd love to RP with other likeminded Landmarkers. If we're stuck with just basic humans then I may or may not get inspired for RP, but I'd certainly still love to see and hear other folks participating in RP!

6. Kassir

Kassir Active Member

Military
    DVER! Assist me in creating New Kaladim!

7. Castegyre

Castegyre Well-Known Member

I'd like to have the ability to create whatever character I want, but I don't really need it. Of course, it might make sense for them to allow that if we get the chance to convince them player studio content could be tested in Landmark as well as world content. I need to make sure my Ogre's new outfit makes him look as pretty as I think it does...

8. Kassir

Kassir Active Member

Military
    What has been seen cannot be unseen......forever unclean.

9. Dvergagal

Dvergagal Member

Graphic Designer
    I would be happy to! I have been sketching a lot of dwarven architecture lately... :D

10. Kassir

Kassir Active Member

Military
    I have this huge idea of building a port city off the southern tip of the land mass that was released. Dig into the mountain and put a standing castle inside of the cave with an outlet directly to the sea. Guarding the entrance of the cave would be a massive dwarf statue (in line with the kaladim statues of EQ1 & 2) straddling the mouth of the cave holding a double bladed ax. Lore wise, in times of distress the statue drops the ax in such a way as to use the ax head to block off the major opening into the cave. Dwarves being dwarves will have hidden exits from their mountain tomb at that point to harrass the enemy/sustain themselves.

Aesthetically you could pretty it all up and have a river coming down the mountain to hit the raised ax so you get a dual waterfall that cascades down either side of the cave entrance, but is one massive waterfall when the ax is lowered in defense of the city.

11. SignorGUEST

SignorGUEST Active Member

Keyboard Jockey
    So based on skimming what I can about Landmark versus Next, I think even if they didn't build in the capability for it to be RP compatible it'd still be just about the perfect dream companion program for an RP guild to build their dream Guildhall! If Roleplaying thrives on Minecraft, it can at least survive here. To quote Doctor Ian Malcolm, "RP, uh... ahm... *lip smack* RP finds a way."

12. EvilNucca

EvilNucca Member

I am completely with you guys on this but I want to be a DE female and will be working on building Nagafins Lair or something like that. I have a vision that when completed will be utterly terrifying. I will be doing some rough sketches and probably doing a few other big projects. I have some pretty crazy stuff I built in Minecraft I can post a couple pics to give people ideas but what I really want to do is get a good group of like minded people to join up with at launch I probably have 4-5 people interested in this that will be purchasing one of the packs and the 4 keys I get from my trailblazer I will have a strong core of players to start from. Mostly people from my Minecraft server. I also will have a guild for EQN and hope to place it on an RPPvP server if SOE creates one. I am really excited about where EQN and Landmark are headed and I am throwing myself into it.